Highland Park to get a new look in 2019
Highland Park is getting a makeover in 2019.
ReForm Shreveport, City of Shreveport, SWEPCO and Highland Restoration Association each have planned renovation projects within the neighborhood park this year. Each project has a different timeline but all improvements should be completed by this spring.
Here is an overview of what you can expect this year:
- Updated playground equipment as well as the rubber mulch surface material.
- Removing the current structure at the Olive Street park entrance and replacing it with a new entry way.
- The pavilion will be painted and picnic tables will be replaced once pavilion painting is complete.
- Installation of a bike repair station.
- Installation of path distance markers provided by Highland Restoration Association
- Updated signage
- SWEPCO is replacing the existing nine street lights within the park with 15 flood lights. “It’s really going to light up the park,” said Keith MacFarland, principal customer service account representative at SWEPCO. The updated lighting is expected to be completed in January, he said.